Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Are the FREE Internet security softwares sufficient to fully protect my PC?

I know that there has been other questions regarding internet security/antivirus protection, etc. but I was wondering if I can get some feedback on the free internet security softwares out there. I am thinking of switching from Norton Internet Security, which has anitivirus, firewall, antispam, e-mail scanning and the whole lot, and replacing them with all FREE:



AVG Anti-Virus or AVAST



ZoneAlarm -basic network and program firewall



Windows Defender



and running weekly:



Ad-Aware SE personal



Spybot Search and Destroy



Will all this be enough to protect my computer? Will I get the same amount of protection that I currently have with Norton? I think Norton is okay and it seems to provide me with at least a sense of security but I am tired of paying the subscription fee. I'd like to know what people use and recommend out there.



Thanks!!



Are the FREE Internet security softwares sufficient to fully protect my PC?pc security



Hi there,



Instead of all these ''Mine is better than yours'' answers that go on around here, I'll instead answer with the facts.



Quite simply - Yes, Norton IS much better than AVG and Avast plus any other free utilities.



Looking at current protection ratings, AVG scores a lowly 90% protection against all known viruses, whilst Avast comes in at 92%. This means they are letting through one in every ten viruses - pretty shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment