Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What free anti spyware software is there other than spybot?

I have had major problems with spyware/viruses since yesterday late afternoon.



I have since updated my macfee antivirus and checked for viruses deleting some unwanted items. I have gone though my settings and increased my security, deleted/stopped cookies, stopped mirosoft messenger. I have installed yahoo toolbar with anti-spy and pop up blocker. I have installed free spybot.



All seems fine now as I was getting lots of warning and advert pop ups telling me to buy software. I do not have any pop ups now.



I read that if you do not 'buy' an anti-spy software and you use free software you should use two free ones rather than one so it is more cover. Is yahoo anti-spy and spybot enough or should I get something else.



Could there still be a hidden problem, as the warnings started yesterday evening and I had to go on line and generally use the pc to fix the problem today could someone already have private info on me? One warning did give me IP number of someone??



What free anti spyware software is there other than spybot?norton internet security



Personally I like Windows Defender



http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security...



What free anti spyware software is there other than spybot?spyware remove



SUPERantispyware is a good one. It will remove any and all spyware.
avg anitivirus
Lavasoft do a fantastic free for non-commercial use product called ad-aware. That, coupled with spy-bot seem to keep me failrly free from ads and spyware.

No comments:

Post a Comment